[ic] HTML in SQL database

George Osvald interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 11 23:15:01 2002

>Can't one use zope to build static pages?  Build your ic pages that way.
>It's what we do (not zope but same idea).  We use our site builder to
>create our catalogs.  Everything is in database except a few custom
>perl modules.  So you could stick with what you know.

>If you have four years of zope, stick with it and figure out how to
>embed ic.  With that amount of experience it seems you might want to
>research the field before you jump into the code.

>Easy for me to say, we've stuck with perl all along.  :-)

Problem is I am getting rid off zope alltogether. I tried a couple of shopping
cards for zope. They worked fine but often when I wanted to add new features
to the server it required new version of Python as well. I am running this
out of user account on my ISP. They are normally very flexible but since I am
the only user who has any need for python I have to always ask them to
upgrade it for me. I did try to build python on my user account as well but
it was conflicting with a version allready installed and so on ........

All and all I decided to go plain vanilla and migrated all my data from
postgresql into mysql because they have it and I want to use Perl and CGI
since they are upgrading those regularly.

--

Regards,

George Osvald
OK Studio ®