[ic] Help On FullURL yes Directive

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 12 11:26:02 2002

At 12:26 PM 10/12/2002 +0530, you wrote:

> >Thanks for your reply. I am sorry for not putting my problem clearly.
> >
> >I understood that Interchange will share the same script-name. I am
>able
> >to share this
> >
> >properly when I install it without using FullURL yes option in
> >Interchange.cfg file as
> >
> >shown below
> >
> >FullURL  yes
> >Catalog       store /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store /cgi-bin/store
> >www.domainname.com/store
> >Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
> >This works fine for me without showing the script-name on the URL i.e
>cgi-bin.
> >
> >Immedialtly when I install a new store giving the servername as the
>same
> >domain which is used for the
> >
> >first store. The configuration in the interchange.cfg would appear like
>
>this
> >

> >FullURL  yes
> >Catalog    store1 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store1 /cgi-bin/store1
> >www.domainname.com/store1
> >Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
> >Catalog   store2 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store2 /cgi-bin/store2
>/store2
> >
> >Then I restart the interchange server. I could able to access the first
>
>store
> >
> >i.e with www.domainname.com But when I try to access the second store
> >
> >that is store2 by giving the url path
>http://www.domainname.com/cgi-bin/store2
> >
> >Its giving me the error as undefined catalog.
> >
> >My question is Whether Interchange using this FullURL yes option in cfg
>
>file
> >
> >will support the multiple stores or catalogs on the same domainname  or
>
>not?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Vijeeth
>
>Since FullURL is a server-wide directive, I think you need to specify
>the
>extended scriptname for all catalogs, i.e.:
>
>FullURL  yes
>Catalog    store1 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store1 /cgi-bin/store1
>www.domainname.com/store1
>Variable SCRIPT_REPLACE /store
>Catalog   store2 /home/gvijeeth/catalogs/store2
>/cgi-bin/store2  www.domainname.com/store2
>
>...?
>
>- Ed L.
>
>Yes I tried that syntax in cfg file. But still the same error..
>
>Thanks
>Vijeeth

There are several things which can result in the "Undefined catalog" error
message. Did you check the interchange error.log for any messages relating
to this?

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax