[ic] which_page

Matthew T. Snyder interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 12 17:06:02 2002

Jim Balcom wrote:

> Maybe I am the only one who didn't know this. If so, please move on to the
>
> Here is how I got 'which_page' to work under 4.6.3

<snip>
> I went through all of the files and documentation today for 4.8,
> as well as
> 4.9 and grepped for page_class as well as which_page. I found a couple of
> places where the software is checking to see if this page equals the page
> for these categories, but otherwise there didn't seem to be much
> information.
>
> Now, here is another mystery: SEL It's always set to 'left'. What are the
> other options? right, perhaps? If so, how does one get a page to display
> something on the right side? Perhaps the place to select which type of
> screwing that you are going to get?

I have noticed that in some of the demo stores there is a 'top' entry in
there.. I am assuming this is for the top navbar as opposed to the left.  It
should be possible to duplicate something similar for the right hand side
though, I would think.

> This is all in AREA.TXT.
> Closely tied to that is CAT.TXT.
>
> The SEL in cat.txt is the same as CODE in area.txt. and will then
> determine
> what is going to come under which headers. They both work together.
>
> Pay attention to the 'sort' headers in both files. You can manually adjust
> them to determine what order they appear in.

<snip>
Nope, you're not the only one, Jim.  It took me a while to puzzle out AREA,
CAT and the navbar, mainly because I didn't want to use the auto-populate
feature, since I didn't build the navbar from the product files.  But I
hadn't extended it to which_page.  Thanks.  This sheds some light on a
possibly easier way to do something I want to try.

Matt