[ic] Use E-Mail Address Instead Of Username For Login

Matthew Villa interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 12 23:39:01 2002

I want the customer to login by specifying their e-mail address not
their username. I basically need a login screen similar to NetFlix and
Amazon.

I need to modify the registration form so they don't specify their
username. Instead, they specify their e-mail address and their password
on the registration form.

I am assuming that I will need to have the system to assign a user id to
their account automatically so it's used as a unique identifier for
their account.

If anyone can help me out that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

Matthew R. Villa
Application Developer
matt@1percent.com