[ic] Interchange as a CMS

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 13 17:41:00 2002

Quoting Luke:
> Here is where I read it...in the beginners guide...
>
> You can even use some of Interchange's features to
> implement a sophisticated content-management system.
> In fact, we've used Interchange itself to manage the
> developer resource site you're using right now. The
> way the page, group and item structure has been
> integrated with our template system lends itself to
> infinite variety and functionality. You can pretty
> much implement a system at whatever level of
> complexity your heart desires, with a minimum of
> effort.

I guess we have a content management system in a way, we sell content
(images, etc), let users create their own "favorites" or "folders" called a
mediabox, which they can invite others into, organize, place items into. It
is like a Graphic-artist & client "meeting" place where they can view client
specific images. It will evolve to allow users to place comments, rankings,
and messages for their clients. www.imagemogul.com

The "content management" design is so convenient, that being a graphic
artist myself, I use the site to find my own images :) Of course the regular
users can't see them yet, only a few.

Is that what you mean by CMS? I have never heard that term before either.

HTH

Paul