[ic] IC clustering (LVS) - session management question

Andrew McBeath interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 13 17:45:01 2002

Hi all,

I know some of you out there are running IC on LVS clusters...
(*cough* Dan, Kevin *cough*... [:-)] )

I'm moving our production servers onto an HA/LVS based system (with
a central DB server) and thought I'd see if you had any useful tips...

My main question is to do with sessions and the storing of them:
I plan to use NFS and a common, central session dir, but was wondering
about DBI (as in postgres) based session management.  In particular,
what's the performance like as compared to a NFS / File based systems?

Any further hints / possible traps I might fall into would be
appreciated too.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew McBeath
System Admin / Senior Developer

-------
By ourselves we are nothing; together we are life itself. - William Horwood

-------