[ic] Interchange as a CMS

Gurpreet interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 13 18:26:03 2002

ange-users

A CMS could be anything. The icdevgroup.org site is a very
good easy example of a content management system.
Almost all the news sites out there use a content management
system (CMS).

Interchange can be used as a CMS it will simply require some
custom programming to meet your needs.

You might want to also take a look at the Redhat's CCM
(http://ccm.redhat.com/), just like IC this requires custom
programming also.

Out of the two IC is the easier to program for (or at least
it is for me).

A lot of people just assume that IC can only be an eCommerce
solution because that's what the foundation template is. In
realty you can make IC do almost anything you want (you
might need to add a little bit of perl to it).

-Gurpreet