[ic] Interchange Runs Slow

Matthew Villa interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 13 18:32:01 2002

I have noticed that Interchange has begun to run slowly. It never did
this until this weekend. This usually happens now during the check out
process. Sometimes the users connection to the web-server will time-out.

I'm currently executing the 'expireall -r' command to purge session data
to increase performance.

I've set the TRAFFIC variable in the interchange.cfg file to "rpc",
"high" and "low". However, I haven't noticed any performance increases.

I'm currently running Redhat Interchange 4.9.2 with PERL 5.8 on Redhat
Linux 7.1.

Interchange is on a dev server. It isn't in production use.

I'm using mySQL as my database backend.

I'm using Apache 1.3.23 as my web-server.

I've restarted my machine several times. No performance increases.

I'm using The Signio/Verisign payment module for real-time credit card
transactions along with PGP v 6.5.8.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Matthew R. Villa