[ic] More Results *VERY* Slow

Bryan Gmyrek interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 13 20:20:01 2002

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

I am running Interchange 4.8.5 on it's own RedHat Linux 7.3 server with a
pentium III, etc...  Mysql for the products, etc; sessions and tmp files
are in the /tmp directory under the catalog dir.  In general it is pretty
fast, typical search times are only a couple of seconds to return
thousands of results (the catalog has over 3,000 items).

However, the 'more results' at the bottom of a search is *extremely*
slow... more than 40 seconds even on a fast internet connection (where
performing the search and displaying 40 results with images only took 5
seconds!).  Is there something, anything, that I can do to speed this up??

Thank You,
Bryan