[ic] Interchange Runs Slow

Matthew Villa interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 13 23:43:02 2002

> I also just started having this problem.  I am running 4.8.5 on redhat
> linux 7.3.  It is generally pretty fast... searches with thousands of
> results only take a few seconds.  Please let me know if you find a
> solution and I will let you know if I find one.  Are you using UPS? I
am
> too.. maybe this is it?

I discovered what the issue is. Using the real-time UPS shipment
calculations are slowing down the shopping cart. I know when I begun
supporting only FedEx shipment methods the check out process was fast.

My only question now is how to configure IC to perform shipment
calculations locally? I downloaded the latest shipment rates from
UPS.com. And, I want to avoid using any more system interfaces so that
way I don't have a dependency on other systems.

I can't find any documentation on how to utilize the local rates tables.
So, any help would be appreciated.

Matthew R. Villa