[ic] shipping preferences

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 14 00:32:02 2002

> Thanks, I see lots of options there - but which variable setting is the
one
> that says, basically, "Make this an option for the end user to select"  it
> seems there should be a simple set to1 if yes or leave blank if no type of
> thing.

    Nothing in interchange is that simple, largely because most business
decisions are not that simple.  The issue here is interchange supports
shipping via UPS, USPS, and Fedex.  Inside of UPS and Fedex there are
different shipping types for different regions.  For example, to ship from
the US to Europe via UPS one could use Worldwide Expedited, but that could
not be used for orders shipped inside the US.  UPS Ground could be used for
those but not for orders shipped to Europe.  If you look under
Administration->Shipping you will see all of those shipping methods, each
one of those corresponds with some type of shipping.
    So first you have to decide where you want to ship to and what methods
you want to offer.

Jeff