[ic] Interchange as a CMS

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 14 07:00:00 2002

> > Example: Helpem.
> >
> > Pure content management, developed in Interchange.
> >
> > See:
> > 	http://www.webmaint.com/development/helpem.html
> > 	http://www.helpem.com/
> >

> Helpem looks really, really GREAT! This is one of the best non-eCommerce
> IC-applications I've ever seen! The admin part could not get
> clearer that it
> is now. Even a novice should be able to work with it :-)

Thanks Rene :-)

> One thing that could make the editing of the help-files easier would be a
> list with all images from which you could add with JavaScript into the
> help-text by clicking the imagename (or maybe in the same way as in the
> standard IC UI's Combo Move).

Yes, I have a few additions on the todo list, I will add this too - thanks.

At some time I will get round to adding them all in. Even I have trouble
remembering parts of the markup - I was thinking of adding a layer as a
reference list of markup. One for images would be a good idea too.

On the i/o side, I want to add output as plain text as well, a static html
tree and the ability to backup/restore a complete document set. This is
something which would come in really handy for creating a new document based
on an old one, say a new manual for a new version of your app.

Then we're on to multi-language support.. something which would come in
really handy for the WinPT docs.

> Congratulations for creating a brilliant IC application!

:-)

Jonathan
Webmaint.