[ic] Re: Slow advancedsearch results

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 14 12:47:00 2002

racke@linuxia.de wrote:

> Barry Treahy, Jr. writes:
>
>> Initially, I had yanked this from my site as the results were truly
>> painful with dbm.  Since we've running running on mySQL for the past
>> weeks, I figured that I would back track some of the issues that I
>> could not address, or figure out, prior to the launch and sadly, even
>> with SQL my wildcard searches are still painfully slow.
>> It appears that that is killing me is when the op code for the column
>> is a rm rather than an eq.  Is there another way to state a search
>> that basically examines the column for the content that may not be an
>> exact match which is faster?
>

> For SQL databases mv_like_field and mv_like_spec are useful to speed
> up searches.

It is probably just a bad case of the 'stupids' effecting me because I
cannot find any details on these at the ICDEV site as both are returning
no hits on the site or the user list archives...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028