[ic] RPM installation problem

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 14 16:10:00 2002

At 01:48 PM 10/14/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I am attempting to install Interchange from interchange-4.8.6-1.i386.rpm on
>Red Hat Linux 7.3 with Perl 5.6.1, but I get the following error message
>when running the rpm command in very verbose mode:
>
>[snip log]
>
>As you can see, it says that I need to install several Perl modules, but I
>already installed them.  I created a short Perl script (included below) to
>test whether Perl could load these modules, and it does.  The Perl script
>compiles and runs just fine.  So why does rpm think they are not installed?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jason

rpm is probably complaining because it has no record of those Perl modules
being installed *via the rpm*; whether they have been installed by other
means is a different matter. If you know that they are there and
functional, just do:

         rpm -i --nodeps interchange-4.8.6-1.i386.rpm

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax