[ic] how do I get my [more] pages to keep my searchspec values

Thanh Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 14 16:35:00 2002

--- Jonathan Clark <jonc@webmaint.com> wrote:
> > My searchspec values seem to get lost when I use
> the
> > got to the [more] pages.
> >
> > At the top of my results page I have the following
> > code.
> > [value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=0]
> > [value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=1]
> > [value-extended name=mv_searchspec index=2]
> > On a previous page a have a coordinate search with
> 3
> > mv_searchspec's
> >
> > When I hit the 'next set of matches' link at the
> > bottom
> > the values in the code above get lost. Is there a
> way
> > to retain those values so I may call them up
> again?
>
> Set a Value or Scratch for each of them. You can
> then use this on the
> subsequent pages. For example:
>
> [value name=sarg0 set="[value-extended
> name=mv_searchspec index=0]" hide=1]
>
> and then on the next page:
>
> first search arg: [value sarg0]
>
> Jonathan
> Webmaint.
I placed both of the codes at on my results page and I
am still getting the same results, my searchspecs are
going away when I click on any of the [more] pages and
the bottom of my results page.
I see the values of the searchspec at top of the page
but when I click the next set of results the value
changes to "6", as if that was the searchspec.

You can go here to get a better picture of what I am
talking about.
http://www.riptracing.com/cgi-bin/riptshop/brand.html
then select "goldline"
You'll see the first search arg at top saying
'goldline'
But when you click the link at the bottom of the page
it turns to "6", thus neutralizing the "narrowing
search" capabilites.

Thanks for your help,
Tom