[ic] PGP encryption problem -- nothing sent

NOW Website Coordinator interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 00:19:02 2002

Greetings.

I am converting to Interchange 4.86 from Minivend 3.  PGP (not GPG) worked
fine for Minivend, but I can't get it to work for Interchange.  I've combed
the documentation, and found lots for GPG that would help, but nothing for
PGP.  I have the following variables set in the UI and variable.txt:

PGP_KEY 0xB9298C4F      Encryption
ENCRYPTOR       /opt/PGP/pgp -feat interch@now.org      Encryption
PGPPATH /home/interch/.pgp      Encryption

I can encrypt and decrypt a file from the command line with the above
ENCRYPTOR command.
Route main in catalog.cfg looks like this:

Route main  <<EOF
         attach            0
         credit_card       1
         default           1
         email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
         encrypt           0
         encrypt_program    "__ENCRYPTOR__"
         errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
         pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
         pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
         receipt           etc/receipt.html
         report            etc/report
         supplant          1
         individual_track  orders
         track             logs/tracking.asc
EOF

What happens?  Nothing, no NEED ENCYPTION ENABLED (which I used to get),
just a message that looks like this:

   Payment Method: Credit Card (visa)

   Account Number: 41**xxxx      Expiration: 11/05

(with numbers where xxxx is).

I'd be very grateful for ideas.

I'm using PGP not GPG because we are a non-profit selling goods to support
the non-profit, and it used to work fine....

Thanks for any help in advance.