[ic] Put up a search

Wed Oct 16 11:06:03 2002

Quoting Jonathan Clark (jonc@webmaint.com):
> > After losing patience with both htdig and Google (through no real fault of
> > either of theirs) I put up a mail list search which should be more
> > up-to-date. You should find options for "Experimental SWISH Search"
> > to see them.
> >
> > I will probably add this into IC, because it is a Vend::Swish and
> > works just like the normal [loop search=""] and [search-list]
> > stuff. So it needs testing... 8-)
>
> Nice and fast :-)
>
> I have a problem if I put in multiple words for the search.
>
> a search for 'mailorderto' works fine:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic2/swish?query=mailorderto+directive&doma
> ins=interchange.redhat.com&sort_by=
>
> but for 'mailorderto directive' I get no results:

That isn't Swish's fault, it isn't even Vend::Swish problem,
it is mine. 8-) I was removing whitespace when I scrubbed the query
string...should work now.

> The search terms seem to be being stuck together, as when I search for 'mail
> orderto' I get the results for 'mailorderto':
>
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic2/swish?query=mail+orderto&sa=Experiment
> al+Swish+Search&domains=interchange.redhat.com&sort_by=

Actually, Swish has some nice search syntax with AND, OR, and NOT. It
also has some nice meta attribute capability; it is too bad that Mailman
doesn't add <meta name=author ...>, because we could summarize that too.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer