[ic] Put up a search

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 11:38:00 2002

At 12:31 PM 10/16/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> > > After losing patience with both htdig and Google (through no
> > real fault of
> > > either of theirs) I put up a mail list search which should be more
> > > up-to-date. You should find options for "Experimental SWISH Search"
> > > to see them.
> >
> > Looks pretty good. Results show up fast, although Swish++ cannot beat
> > Heins++ :-) in its speed to get things done.
> >

> > > I will probably add this into IC, because it is a Vend::Swish and
> > > works just like the normal [loop search=""] and [search-list]
> > > stuff. So it needs testing... 8-)
> >
> > Please add this to IC. I already have nice applications in mind for that,
> > but don't want to cope with non-free software like Glimpse.
>
>Gets my vote too - I too have been thinking about this type of function
>recently for 'static' interchange pages which require a search function.
>
>Jonathan
>Webmaint.

Seems to work well - but I did like the way that both HtDig and Google show
the segments of the text for each item in the results list which contain
the matching words/phrases (with the ability to toggle this feature
on/off). I find that helps me visually eliminate many of the false posiives
quickly. Does Swish have such a function built-in?

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax