[ic] area -- section giving me fits

Jerry O'Brien interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 13:27:01 2002

I have the 4.8.6 release from the RH site and the page class/area setting in
the UI are giving me fits.

First off, what is the difference between "every" and "all"?

I have an area -- section: in the list that is blank, and two entries for
"all". How can I delete them?

I am now seeing "all" in the Area--section box, and I have two areas
displayed:

left - Feed Products
left - Accessories

I want to add a third, so I click the '+' icon. The screen refreshes, but
nothing changes. Is my install broken?

Now, I click on "left - Feed Products" and magically the area changes to
"every", and I now see four "--NEW" and also the area I wanted to add. Then
I change the category link type to simple search and it refreshes back to
displaying only the areas. Is this right?

Is there a good doc on using this part of the Admin UI?

Jerry O'Brien