[ic] PGP encryption problem -- problem solved (and one more question)

NOW Website Coordinator interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 17:53:01 2002

Thanks!
Your advice worked, although I only took (and needed) part.

>I'm assuming you're using a recent version of PGP. Maybe 6.5.8?

I am indeed using 6.5.8

>Set PGP_KEY like this:
>PGP_KEY /path/to/your/key/file  Encryption

This worked, using:
/home/interch/.pgp/secring.skr

>Delete the PGPPATH variable in your variable database table.

Done.

>I don't know which shell you are using by default. But, set your
>environment variable PGPPATH to /home/interch/.pgp

This had been done, although in my .cshrc, rather than my .login (I do
indeed use the C shell)

>If you're using the csh shell then you only have to do is add this to
>your .login file in your $HOME dir:
>setenv PGPPATH home/interch/.pgp
>
>Add this to your catalog.cfg file:
>
>EncryptProgram      /opt/PGP/pgp

I kept this as _ENCRYPTOR_, but changed the _ENCRYPTOR_ variable in the UI
to /opt/PGP/pgp (taking away the -feat interch@now.org).  I'm hoping to
keep as much configuration web-based as I can.

And now it works!    PGP encrypted credit card data is now sent by email!

Which leads me to my next question....

Can I retrieve PGP-encrypted credit card data in the web interface?  Ie, in
the orders or customers table?  I understand why it isn't written to the
table unencrypted, but can I get the orders via the web interface (with the
data encrypted) and then take it from there?  It would be particularly
helpful as a way to update the order status, if the orders were just taken
off the web site.

One more question: does anyone who uses authorize.net use it in a way that
the credit card is only charged after the order is fulfilled?  If so, how
do you handle that with Interchange?

Thanks in advance for any help.

>Restart Interchange. It then should work.

Sarah Stapleton-Gray
Web Site Coordinator
National Organization for Women
http://www.now.org