[ic] perl package question

Jim Boyer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 18:19:02 2002

Hi,

I am trying to write a payment module that uses XML-RPC.  I have written a
test RPC program and it works on its own.  The problem I am having with the
IC is including the XML-RPC module in my test payment module.  When I
include this line

use Frontier::Client

I get errors when I restart IC stating the Vend::TestPayment package is not
found.  When I use

package Frontier::Client;

I don't get errors at IC startup, but I get the following error when I try
to use the code.

(testpayjb): Charge failed, reason: payment routine 'testpayjb' returned
error: Can't locate object method "new" via package "Frontier::Client"
(perhaps you forgot to load "Frontier::Client"?) at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Payment/TestPayJB.pm line 286

I know this is more a Perl question than IC specific, but I am hoping
somebody can elighten me as to how and get this xml-rpc module useable.

Thanks for the assistance,

Jim Boyer
Systems Programmer
Information Dept
College of Agriculture and Home Economics
Washington State University