[ic] SocketPerms Problem

Jason Underdown interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 18:44:00 2002

Hi everyone,

First of all thank you to everyone who has given me help.  I'm still not
quite there yet though.

I can now start my interchange server without getting any error messages on
the command line or in the error log, but when I load the storefront or
admin area in my browser, I just get the familiar:

We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...

According to the FAQ, I have a SocketPerms problem, because when I start the
server with "interchange -r SocketPerms=666" the server starts successfully.
I tried using "chmod u+s cgi-bin/foundation" and "chmod u-s
cgi-bin/foundation" but to no avail.  I've also checked my interchange
server log and httpd server logs, but find no error messages.  I am not
running from an NFS mounted filesystem.  I've verified that the vlink
program (cgi-bin/foundation) is owned by interch.  I have also verified that
DBD::Pg is working properly.

I've searched the mailing list archives and found several posts where people
have the same exact problem, but I didn't find any that seemed to get
resolved.  Any help on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

ps I am installing IC on a fresh Redhat Linux 7.3 box from RPMs