[ic] Incomplete User Account Setup

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 21:05:01 2002

I have found that some folks have managed to create accounts with
incomplete information.  What they appear to be doing is completing the
username/password screen and then filling in portions of the account
information, committing the page and, at which point I presume, they are
either re-entering the site and then placing their order or backing up
through their browser history.  The bottom line is that they are
circumventing the error checks for the required account fields.  I have
managed to duplicate this myself and if worked, well failed depending on
your perspective.

Has anyone else encountered this and if so, how have you worked around
it?  I have thought about modifying the login page to manually check for
required fields and if any are missing, bounce to the accounts page, but
this makes the site more 'high-maintenance' if additional fields are
added in the future that are 'required.'

Any suggestions or ideas?

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028