[ic] "Undefined catalog"

Steve Vance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 16 22:15:01 2002

I just signed up with a different Web Hosting company, and they have
Interchange kind of "built in" somehow, so I'm trying to use it.

(Question 1. I'm not sure what version. How do I tell?)

It is accessed using a control panel, which gets me to the Administrator
interface. Three times now, I have deleted all the items in the "sample store",
loaded up my items, changed all the templates, gotten it looking pretty good,
and then, I suddenly get a blank white screen, with the words

Undefined catalog:  /~organize/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

at the top. After this, the store and the administrator interface are
completely inaccessible. I repeat, this is the third time this has happened to
me.

I have read the FAQ (after spending a long time looking for it), scanned
through all the messages in this mailing list from the past year, and even
downloaded and looked at the source code. I'm still not sure what this message
is trying to tell me, or, more importatnly, how I get rid of it.

I can delete everything in the "catalogs" directory and start over, I've done
that a couple of times already. But I expect that this would happen again, and
then I would start to get upset.

I have several other questions that I'd like to ask, but I will leave it at
this for starters. Anyone?

  Steve