[ic] deleting of records in options and inventory tables when product is deleted

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 17 18:45:01 2002

Hello,

    On my interchange installation with a postgresql database I have noticed
that the deletion of a product through the admin UI does not delete the
corresponding records in the options and inventory tables.  A message from
Mike a while back indicated that this would need to be implemented with
stored triggers.  A review today of the admin UI code led me to the
db_maintenance profile which led me to the UI_ITEM_TABLES variable setting
which seems to be set per a much older message from Mike which, upon
reading, lead me to believe that:

Variable UI_ITEM_TABLES    products pricing inventory merchandising

should in fact delete the corresponding records in the related tables when
the item is deleted from the products table via the admin UI.

Before I go poking around in db_maintenance, is there any information
someone could add that might be helpful?

Thanks,
Jeff