[ic] deleting of records in options and inventory tables when product is deleted

Thu Oct 17 21:08:01 2002

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> Hello,
>
>     On my interchange installation with a postgresql database I have noticed
> that the deletion of a product through the admin UI does not delete the
> corresponding records in the options and inventory tables.  A message from
> Mike a while back indicated that this would need to be implemented with
> stored triggers.  A review today of the admin UI code led me to the
> db_maintenance profile which led me to the UI_ITEM_TABLES variable setting
> which seems to be set per a much older message from Mike which, upon
> reading, lead me to believe that:
>
> Variable UI_ITEM_TABLES    products pricing inventory merchandising
>
> should in fact delete the corresponding records in the related tables when
> the item is deleted from the products table via the admin UI.

Yes, it should. If it does not please file it as a bug.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill