[ic] Use E-Mail Address Instead Of Username For Login

Matthew Villa interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 18 12:34:01 2002

> There is another issue as well, which I just encountered with a
client.
> If you are not requiring customers log in before placing an order (if
you
> want me as an e-commerce customer that is necessary) then you need to
> create a new userdb profile for the auto-created user. Otherwise a
> duplicate email address will cause the autocreation code to faile.

I am going to force the customers to be logged in. However, I need to
enforce that the e-mail address is unique. People have told me that
adding
email=unique userdb: Email address is unique
to the profiles.order file will work however it doesn't. I didn't see
any examples of how people set that directive. Maybe you can help.

Matthew R. Villa
Application Developer