[ic] Change from #TEST0003 to real orders

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Oct 18 20:03:02 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Rene Hertell wrote:

RH>>> How do you change (when you start commercial use) the numbering
RH>>> of orders??
RH>>>
RH>>> I do not want to use #TESTxxxx anymore.. for example just numbers..
RH>>> #xxxxxx...
RH>>> It's a little weird if customer gets order no.: c :)
RH>>
RH>>Did you ever check the message archives in the ICDEVGROUP.ORG-site??
RH>>
RH>>Write TEST0001 into the search-box, and you'll get your answer...

In about July 2001 there were some messages about distintive order numbers.
My order number sequence today started at 02101801 and could have gone
through to 02101899

The '02' is for the year
The '10' is for the month
The '18' is for the day
The '01' is a sequence number,

The script is set up as a cron job that happens at midnight every night and
changes that and similar numbers.

This is especially usefull when a customer contacts me about their order. I
can look at the number and instantly know when the order was places and
where I chould look at it.

The messages should be in the archives. If you can't find it, let me know
via e-mail and I'll dig it out.
-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Friday, October 18, 2002 at 19:55 PM:
It's not the principle of the thing, it's the money

This Linux System has been up 121 hours