[ic] INET and UNIX mode

pfeito interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Oct 19 15:56:01 2002

Hello,

	I cant make interchange run in INET and UNIX mode.

	I run makecat:
		The new catalog is based on foundation.
		I specify INET when he asks me.
		I finish the rest of the questions.
	I run: su -c "/usr/lib/interchange/bin/interchange -r" intech
	to restart the server. It outputs the following:

Killing Interchange server 5738 with TERM.
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI......UI is loaded...
Interchange V4.8.6
Configuring catalog foundation...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:test_foundation...done.
Configuring catalog webcelera...Using MySQL,
DSN=dbi:mysql:test_webcelera...done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 12946)
Continuing in UNIX MODE ONLY

	After this I try to enter "Customer Entrance" and "Admin
Interface" but i get timeout...
	After some hours of double-checking everything and comparing to
a working version on my friend's server, i couldn't find out why i cant
get it to work on INET:
	-I telnet to localhost 7786, and i get timeout, so the service
isn't listening... right ?

My friend can telnet to 7786... i can't... he's interchange is workin,
mine's not ! i assume the problem is INET ! because my friend's
interchange is functioning well with INET.

Any clues ? help me please !

Pedro