[ic] limiting search return count

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 20 04:21:02 2002

[contextual quoting fixed.. please post replies in context.]

> > I could not figure out what the docs were talking about.  After
> searching
> > around I found an archive that talks about adding the following lines to
> > your catalog_before.cfg located in the interchange directory.
> >
> > push @out, "ml=5";
> >
> > There are a bunch of "put" lines under the sub bar link area.
> Thats where I
> > stuck this line.
> >
> > It kinda stinks because you end up changing this globally but it works.
> >

> It is awkward, but it works. Thanks for the tip.
>
> My feeble understanding of the docs I was pointed to earlier is that it
> is possible to set the matchlimit variable from the calling page in the
> loop call itself.
>
> I think.

If you are using the Layout Editor, change your simple searches to complex
ones and then use the searches as per the docs (look at the one-click
searches page).

If your simple search was on products:

	category=memory

the complex search would be:

	sf=category
	se=memory

(the default search table is products, so you don't need to specify it
here.)
Now, add to this:

	ml=20

to limit to 20 results per page.

Hopefully this will get you started, good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.