[ic] Intermittent CGI mapping error

S. Wong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Oct 20 21:14:00 2002

Hi,

I, too, have been seeing Internal Server Errors on IE when trying to get
to the interchange store I have running.  But I've noticed that the
non-cgi virtual site I have is operating fine and web status reports
fine.  I currently have 4.8.5, should I upgrade to 4.8.6 to fix?  Or is
there something else?  At first, I thought that I had limited the
resources so restrictively.  But I have already bumped up mem/proc for
interchange user to 50M and adjusted web server config to just wait for
10 per web server child before killing and starting a new one.  I'm
guessing that would be a problem should the site get more traffic
because the server would be busy trying to spawn child web servers a
lot.  Any recommendations for server config (Apache-Interchange)?

I've noticed that if I restarted the web server altogether, the problem
goes away for a while.  But it's intermittent as described by Andrew.

Thanks.

Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess (tm)

"In times of change,