[ic] any help appreciated

Thanh Luong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 02:31:01 2002

--- Rene Ouderling <rene@rent-it-professionals.nl>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just started with Interchange. Downloaded the
> (4.9.2.1) rpm's and
> installed it on my test server (running redhat 8.0).
> Got the Demo shop
> working without problems. To get more feeling with
> it I decided to
> follow the tutorial installation guide and there
> starts the problem, I
> get the message:
> Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/tutorial.
> Checked the troubleshooting list, doublechecked,
> triplechecked, checked
> the mailing list, found some answers but the
> solutions mentioned didn't
> work. These lines are in my interchange.cfg
> Catalog  foundation /var/lib/interchange/foundation
> /cgi-bin/foundation
> Catalog  tutorial   /var/lib/interchange/tutorial
> /cgi-bin/tutorial
>
> The log from error.log gives the following after
> restarting interchange
> server:
>
> - - - [20/October/2002:14:04:54 +0200] - - Config
> 'tutorial' at server
> startup
>

> 192.168.1.1 - - [20/October/2002:14:08:08 +0200] -
> /cgi-bin/tutorial/index.html CGI mapping error:
> Undefined catalog:
> /cgi-bin/tutorial at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.
>
> I just don't get it.Any help will be greatfully
> appreciated
> --
> kind regards
>
> Rene Ouderling
> rene.ouderling@rent-it-professionals.nl
does your foundation catalog work ok?
it depends which catalog you are using. it seems that
you are using the foundation catalog so when you read
the docs change the "tutorial" to "foundation" ,

otherwise check permissions on the tutorial catalog
and
chmod u+s tutorial
and chown interch ... i think

good luck