[ic] Almost... Quantity Discounts on Group

Alex interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 04:33:00 2002

Hopefully this is a clear question. We've been pulling a
few all nighters in a row trying to complete this
inplementation in time (running about a day late so not
bad. Some people launch on Tuesday, right? ;-)

Question:
We need to be able to apply a percentage discount on a
group of different products. For example, if someone
orders 5 or more DVD's they get 5% off on just that group
of DVD's. Could be 5 of 1 sku or 5 different skus in the
group. If they order 10 or more DVD's they are given a 10%
discount on those. This discount would apply only to those
items. There would be other groups as well like 15 or more
Rock CD's, 15% off, etc.

The sku's on these products all begin with the same 3
unique letters if that would help. Current shopping cart
we use supports regular expressions where we can use a
wildcard after the first 3 letters and any items added to
the cart matching that expression triggers the quantity
discount. This is not ideal but we'll take anything right
now.

Thanks,
    Alex