[ic] Multiple sellers in one store

Paul J interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 12:26:00 2002

> we are just a reseller for different manufacturers and we have one catalog
> with all items from all manufacturers.
>
> Now we have agreed to arrange shipment and payment details each
> manufacturer itself...
>
> So the problem is now if the user buys 2 products and one is from one
> manufacturer and the other from different manufacturer.. and we get only
> one copy of invoice delivered to first or second manufacturer...
>
> So is there a way to split invoice so that each manufacturer
> would get only
> the order for his products.. Like new category in catalog...
>
> Any clue or experience?
> Thanks,
> Saso

I believe mv_order_route can be set per item, so yes, a special field in
products, or a lookup table would be due. So, you would be able to send each
drop shipper an email meant "just" for them.

I have never used it. It may send them an email per item, instead of per
order, which may be undesireable. You could maybe split the order by drop
shipper, then send it through IC, but you may want to keep the order in tact
for log_transaction, report, mail_receipt.

hmm So actually you would want to break it up after. Maybe add a step to an
order route like "log main copy_user separate" then in "separate" you can
parse through the item list, break it up, and send separate emails to your
drop shippers.

HTH

Paul