[ic] Is ic bilingual and multi-currency capable?

derek fong interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 13:35:01 2002

Hi,

I'm considering using Interchange for an online store one of my clients
would like to have set up.  His requirements are two-fold:

1) He wants a store that will offer pricing in both US and Canadian
dollars.  (I've read [briefly] that this is possible to do in
Interchange using two different catalogs, but can someone correct me if
I am wrong?)

2) For the Canadian dollar site, we need a bilingual version of it
(making it, in essence, three websites in one).

The layout and content of both the US and Canadian English sites will
be the same.  The layout of the French Canadian site will be the same,
but all text and graphics will be in French.  All three should use the
same product catalog so products, inventory, etc. don't need to be
updated and maintained for separate catalogs.  A bonus would allow us
to view all Canadian orders (both from the French and English sites) in
the same reports, with US sales reports being in a separate one.

Is this doable without much added effort?  Thanks,

-f

--
Derek Fong
Web Application Developer

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." --James Joyce