[ic] No items in 'shipping mode' dropdown, 'Nothing to ship'

Rick Eicher II interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 14:34:01 2002

> The subject line pretty much states my problem, the checkout
> page doesn't show any choices in the 'shipping mode' drop down
> box and it claims 'nothing to ship' even though there are items
> in the cart. I've searched the archives but haven't found a
> solution yet, but So far it looks like the cause is that the
> items do not have their weight registered, how can I work around
> this? I prefer not to need to update >5000 products.

This is the case when interchange does not have a zip code to figure
shipping charges. Once the customer enters there zip code it should be
fine. You can enter a default zip code so there is at least a number for
shipping when the customer enters the check out page. Here is an email
from a thread in the archives that talks of this.

http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-June/0219
53.html

I am sure that there are others.

Rick