[ic] design

Mon Oct 21 16:33:00 2002

Quoting Rene Ouderling (rene@rent-it-professionals.nl):
> hi,
>
> Running the demo foundation on redhat 8.0. When I log in as
> administrator (interch) and click on the design tab, the following html
> code is processed;

> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1>
> misconfiguration and was unable to complete
> your request.</p>
>  admin@rent-it-professionals.nl and inform them of the time the error
> occurred,
> and anything you might have done that may have
> caused the error.</p>
> in the server error log.</p>
> error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the
> request.</p>
> <hr />
> <address>Apache/2.0.40 Server at pdcrip01.rent-it-professionals.nl Port
> 80</address>
>
> There are no errors in error.log. Has anyone idea's

We think there might be an issue with Red Hat Linux 8.0's version of
Perl. We tried using it on the new developer's site, and were the
receipient of multiple server errors (albeit tryign to run that RPM
on RHL 7.2).

Some of us have 8.0 on the way, and we will be testing soon. In general,
I have had very poor luck with RHL *.0 Perl builds. I recommend that you
recompile from the Perl source with "./Configure -Dprefix=/usr -des", which
solved our dev site problems.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown