[ic] Email address as Unique ID? Having a problem

Alex interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Oct 21 19:47:01 2002

We need to use email address as username and be sure it is
unique. I saw this discussion come up on the list recently
about how you can enforce this column to be unique by
editing the profiles.order file. We added the following
bit of code to IC and it doesn't seem to work for us:

email=unique userdb: E-Mail address isn't unique

We've tried using this feature with IC 4.9.2 and IC 4.9.3
without any luck. Also tried adding the code to the
various profiles:
checkout_profile
account_change
credit_card
mail_order

Below is an example used on one of the profiles:
__NAME__ checkout_profile
fname=required
lname=required
address1=required
city=required
country=required
[if value country =~ /^(US|CA)$/i]
state=state_province
zip=postcode
[/if]
&or phone_night=phone, phone_day=phone Must have day or
evening phone
number
&fatal = yes
email=required
email=unique userdb: E-Mail address isn't unique
email=email

If anyone can point out what we seem to be doing wrong it
would be most appreciated. We'll be sure to edit the

Thanks,
   Alex