[ic] Maybe we can help?

saso interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 12:23:01 2002

> Hi it seems both on-topic and a threat to us all. I do think the US Patent
> system is at fault as such general and obvious patents would not be
granted
> here in the UK. These people are making money off the back of a sloppy US
> patent system.
>
> If it is any help I can prove that I helped develop a web based e-commerce
> system in the UK in 1995 and that I was developing substantial parts of an
> electronic commerce system in 1981 which pre dates all the patients
> mentioned.
>
> Hillary

Just a quick reply (off topic of the last post)...

As I was reading the paten documentation the line is always mentioned as
"telephone line" and communication via "modem" ...

As for me.. I'm not using any of it :) so the actuall patent isn't in
context of my web store :)

I'm on Cable and my server is on leased line (LAN and optics)... don't even
use optical card reader ...

Anyway.. I'm in Slovenia and am not affected by US Patents but these are
just my comments.. maybe I didn't read the documentation good enough but
these are just my first notices...

Regards,
Saso