[ic] Order routing

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 12:43:00 2002

> Hi,
> I've read all the documents at icdevgroup.org (using search:) on order
> routing and tried to implement it in my catalog...
> But it doesn't work... I've setup email in Items and is there
> anything else
> there is to do?
>
> Could anyone just describe me the short procedure (step-by-step) on how to
> route different ordered items to different emails of manufacturer?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Regards,
> Saso

Saso

I know I went on about this method, but I still think my latter method was
better. I assume you mean that you have setup an 'email' column in the
products table. That may be a bit much, just a letter or number would work
(to represent the company).

Anyways, if you look in catalog.cfg you will see samples of order routes,
although you are probably using the 'default' route, if that still exists in
your version (I am on 4.8.3)

You will see:
Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"

I say do this:
Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user separate"

Then, above it somewhere add:

Route separate  <<EOF
	empty        1
	error_ok     1
	encrypt      0
	increment    0
	report       etc/separate
	supplant     0
	track        logs/log
EOF

Then create etc/separate and do something fancy. It can even be as simple as
running through some [item-list]'s filtering per company items and sending
an email to them. Do this for all companies (indentified by the flag column
in products) which BTW needs to be carried on through the checkout process.

This can all be done using ITL IMO, and that would be the poor mans hack,
which is what I always do :) If you knew Perl I am sure you could do
somthing cleaner than iterating through [item-list] a few times.

Paul