[ic] Interchange and suexec

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 14:43:01 2002

> This has been covered in the archives, but I've found no satisfactory
> answers. Is there a way to get tlink/vlink to run as the of the catalog user
> instead of the interchange user? I'm running suexec and there is a mismatch
> with the program (interchange user). Is it evem possible to have multiple
> catalog users when running suexec?

If you run tlink, it won't matter what user you choose.

The vlink needs to run as the Interchange user in order to be able to
read/write Interchange's UNIX-domain socket file.  You could change the
permission of the socket file so that any member of the Interchange
user's group (or anyone) can read/write the file.  Read about the
SocketPerms *global* directive for more information, or simply switch
to INET-mode and tlink.

There are other options.  The most obvious one it to switch off that
pesky suexec mode.  Another option may be to configure mod_interchange
into Apache.

If you're using a shared server then your options may be limited by the
ability or willingness of your host.  If you have a dedicated server
then you can do whatever you like. :-)