[ic] shipping: flat rate for gift certificates only

NOW Website Coordinator interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 16:13:01 2002

I'm converting a Minivend catalog over to Interchange.  In Minivend, I had
a separate field to mark the gift certificate item as such, and on the
checkout page just put:

[if-field gift-certificate]

         [set certificate_shipping]1[/set]
[else]
         [set certificate_shipping]0[/set]
[/else]
         [/if-field]

which was clunky, but it worked.  I had a shipping method which was called
gift, and just charged $2, instead of charging by price (as the other items
are):

gift    Certificate     quantity        0       0       0
gift1   Certificate     quantity        1       999999  2.00

Is there some way that is smoother in Interchange?  I've read the docs, but
I don't see anything obvious.  I just want to only charge $2 for gift
certificates (I never really dealt with the fact that some people might put
a gift certificate and something else in their basket).

Thanks in advance.