[ic] Maybe we can help?

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 18:10:00 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Jon Jensen wrote:

JJ>>On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Michael Goldfarb wrote:
JJ>>
JJ>>> I know that this is a bit off-topic for this board, but the issue with
JJ>>> companies enforcing their patents on standard e-commerce functionality
JJ>>> has potential to affect us all.
JJ>>
JJ>>Seems pretty on-topic to me. :)
JJ>>
JJ>>> I don't know much about the www.youmaybenext.com site, but maybe we can
JJ>>> offer some sort of support to that group???
JJ>>
JJ>>That seems like the best option, since strength in numbers is the best
JJ>>strategy for these frivolous patent suits. However, without knowing in
JJ>>great detail who's behind youmaybenext and how money or other resources
JJ>>are allocated, I'm sure most of us are wary of them.

I have put up a page in my store about these Panip idiots and pointing out
to my customers that if these idiots get their way that our customers will
be deprived of all on-line shopping opportunities, unless they are dealing
with Amazon, BestBuy and on-line merchants of their size.

I think that we need to get our customers mobilized to support
youmaybenext.com

I've just discovered that Panip is suing Arcade Electronics - a shop
originally started by hams, for hams some 30 years ago. While it has changed
ownership and location it's focus is still about the same. I started buying
stuff there some 30 years ago and I still do. This is getting personal!!

I went to www.youmaybenext.com today. It's a great site, and they need all
of our support. PANIP must DIE!!!!

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 17:55 PM:
Press all the keys at once to continue...

This Linux System has been up 215 hours