[ic] Maybe we can help?

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 18:20:01 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, paul jordan wrote:

pj>>BTW, you notice that all the companies being sued are out of state.... I am
pj>>guessing that the case would be in California, and small companies would not
pj>>want to even pay the airfare and accomodations let alone the lawyer fees.
pj>>
pj>>Let's sue them, and I will represent us for free :)

I don't think that the state is the issue.

I think that they are selecting firms that can't afford to get a lawyer and
appear in court. Out of the 48 firms that I saw today that are being sued,
they are all small potatoes - like us. There is no Amazon, BestBuy,
Barnes&Noble, or similar multi-million dollar companies.

Youmaybenext.com alleges that they are looking up D&B ratings on each
company that they sue.

IMHO, I think that it comes down to a class-action suit and convincing a
judge that the whole concept is ludicrous and that s/he will order the
patent thrown out.

That takes a LOT of support, and a LOT of money!

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 18:10 PM:
Never try to out stare a cat. They've got no eyelids.

This Linux System has been up 216 hours