[ic] Order routing

paul jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 19:21:54 2002

> It's a start :)
>
> But as I was reading at archives at ICDEVGROUP.org I still think
> that there
> is a way to make it easier.
> Something about mv_route_... or something like that...
> That you specify the emails for different routes and than in Items you add
> new category and there you select which route it takes (basically to which
> email the order for this specific product is sent)...
>
> So I will try to figure it out somehow.. hope anyone else knows the
> "default" method if any :)
> Otherwise I'll try your way and let you know if I succeed ...
>
> Thanks,
> Saso

Yes, as I said, mv_order_route can be set per item, but I am not sure if it
will send an email for "each" item, so if you had six items for one
manufacturer and 3 for another, that would total 9 emails.... you know. But
this may bulk them into just two emails, one for each manufacturer, which
would be great for you. The 'email' parameter will take multiple emails, but
the catch is that I am not sure if it sends one email per order or per
product.

look into it:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase10%2e03

Try it the IC way, and let me know. I only chimmed in becuase I don't see
where IC would be separating out the order into sub orders for this
function. But alas, DevCore is full of delicate geniuses, so I wouldn't be
surprised if setting mv_order_route per item is a cure all.

FWICS, you still need to make additional routes for it to work.

Paul