[ic] Credit Card Number

Bill Banks interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 19:31:01 2002

Where can I get that infor.......... PGP/GPG is for the
bird.................

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Jim Balcom
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 7:04 PM
To: interchange
Subject: Re: [ic] Credit Card Number

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Bill Banks wrote:

BB>>THERE MUST BE A WAY TO SHOW THE CREDIT CARD NUMBER WITHOUT GOING THU
PGP/GPG
BB>>BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Temper! Temper!

Yes, there is.

However, passing credit card numbers in the clear is very dangerous and it
is something that Mike Heins and other reponsible members of this list do
not support, nor provide information on.

Whoever is supplying your merchant account will cancel it and put you out of
business if they find out that you are exposing the credit card numbers in
the clear.

As your experience with IC grows and your expertise improves you will find
ways to reliably pass the credit card info in the clear, but you will also
have come to appreciate the riskiness of doing so.

Somehow, someone got a debit card number of mine that I had used on-line in
only 3 places. They went to PayPal and opened an account with it and
immediately took $450 out of my checking account. I fully understand the
risk. It cost me $450 for that education.

In the meantime, I suggest that you hire one of the many experts on this
list to help you to get the encryption working right.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Tuesday, October 22, 2002 at 18:50 PM:
I'm not rude, I'm "attitudinally challenged".