[ic] access_gating whole catalog?

Tim Stoakes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Oct 22 21:45:01 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:29:44 -0400
 Mike Heins <mike@perusion.com> wrote:

> > Quoting Tim Stoakes (tim@ehost.com.au):
> >
> > That looks like the only alternative. I was trying to avoid
> > re-inventing the wheel, that's all. I was actually planning on using
> > this method to act as host based authentication for a catalog. ie. one
> > catalog hosted on a server with multiple catalogs, only connections
> > from a certain ip subnet (a vpn aactually) will be accepted by this
> > catalog. My favoured alternative now is a separate ic server instance
> > on a different port, using firewalling to enforce my rules. This seems
> > stronger than coding it into ic anyway, at least it is a blanket
> > solution. Cheers
>
> I will certainly look at changing 4.9 and enabling it in the root
> directory as an option. I have not examined that code in quite some
> time, and it is always good to revisit previous decisions and see if
> they still make sense. 8-)
>
> --
> Mike Heins

Hi Mike
That would be great, I'm surprised no one else wants it. My problem can probably be solved as Chris said via Apache settings, but I (at least!) could still use the added flexibility of being to have full interchange flexibility on a catalog wide scale.
It would be much appreciated, thanks. Keep up the good work guys!

Tim