[ic] Which is best for performance/functionality mod_interchange or interchange under mod_perl

Wed Oct 23 21:04:01 2002

Quoting Mike Heins (mike@perusion.com):

> It isn't a problem to have them big -- as long as you are not swapping,
> the overhead comes when they fork (and even then it is not that bad with
> any modern OS that has copy on write).

I should mention, though, that *growing* mod_perl processes are often
a problem because of memory leaks. Interchange leaks a little memory
from time to time because of growth of data structures, but it usually
has little problem. There are quite a few mod_perl programs I have seen
which have a big problem with this. Of course if you keep MaxRequestsPerChild
low, it mitigates the problem.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman