[ic] setting variable values and db indexes from the UI

Robert Fournerat interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Oct 23 23:31:01 2002

All,

Could someone tell me if the value/attributes of variables
like __BACKGROUND__, __THEME_LOGO__, __THEME_IMG_DIR__, etc.
and CSS styles be changed from within the Interchange Admin
user interface?  Or do I have to edit specific configuration
files like theme.cfg and catalog.cfg?  If they can be manipulated
from the Admin UI, where and/or how?

I have a similar question about defining indexes for a GDBM
DB.  Can I define an index from the Admin UI, or do I need
to edit dbconf/default_db/products.dbm?

While we're talking about the products.dbm file, what does:
Database            products     HOT               1
mean???

Or, if someone could point me to some documentation about
these issues...

thanks,
Robert