[ic] Using username to search another table - ALMOST

Webpraxis Consulting Ltd. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Oct 24 18:12:00 2002

At 04:46 PM 10/24/02 -0400, you wrote:
[snip]
>Ok, I realized my goof-up.  I should've been using [loop-code], which I am
>now, and now I get all the choices I should be getting.  My question now is
>how do I use this to retrieve all the proper fields for Shipping Address on
>checkout.html?  This is the drop-down code:
>
>[calc]$Config->{NoSearch} = ''[/calc]
>[if type=data term="shiptos::username::[data session username]"]
><SELECT NAME=shipto onChange="this.form.submit()">
>    [loop search="fi=shiptos.txt/st=text/sf=username/se=[data session
>username]/op=eq/co=yes/rf=store_number,Name,Address_1,Address_2,Address_3,Ph
>one,Fax"]
><option value=[loop-code]>[loop-param store_number]  [loop-param Name]
>[/loop]
></select>
>[/if]
>
>I would really like to have the page update when the user picks a store from
>the drop down, and all the fields would be filled in.  I can't use
>[loop-param xxx] because the loop is closed.  I'm experimenting with [if]
>but with no success yet.  Any thoughts?

What I've done in the past is
1) set the page as the results page via mv_nextpage,
2) segregate the page into match and no-match sections via [if
mv_search_match_count],
3) use the above code in the no-match section
4) echo the search results via [search-region], [searh-list], [item-field
...] tags in the match area.

Best regards,

Yves Beaudoin, Ph.D., President,
Webpraxis Consulting Ltd.,